There is a lot of useful information for carers out there on the internet. MoodCafe Carers has selected a variety of links you can trust on a number of different carer related topics.
The Carers (Scotland) Act is a law which enhances the rights of carers in Scotland.
How the Act might affect you as a carer is explained in a series of leafets (See Self Help documents section). The leaflets cover What to expect if -
- You make an adult support care plan
- The person you care for is being assessed
- You are considering a short break
- You decide which self directed support optin is right for you
- You make an emergency plan
- The person you care for is being discharged from hospital
Many local areas have carers support organisations. These are often Carers Centres.